We have all the supplies our Yakima, Washington customers need to store their belongings safely. We sell locks, packing supplies, boxes, tape, bubble wrap and everything else you need to store your stuff. All of our customers get a free lock for use on their rented storage unit, and we also sell replacement locks in case something happens to your original lock.
Our supplies are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in our office. You will also find one of our friendly and professional associates on hand to answer any questions you may have, and to make sure you get the right supplies for the task at hand.
1) Use valuable space like the inside of drawers and inside of stoves and refrigerators to store towels, sheets, etc.
2) Tightly seal boxes with packing tape to prevent dust from entering.
3) Keep items off the unit floor by using furniture covers or moving pads.
4) Do not store anything flammable or any hazardous material.
5) Do not store perishable items, food items or pet food items (even grass and bird seed). These can attract pests.
6) Wrap furniture legs with bubble wrap or furniture covers to prevent scratching or damage during the move.
7) Break down large items like tables & bed frames (and place the screws and items in small marked baggies for assembly later! Tape the baggie to the furniture).
8) Label all sides of boxes for easy identification.
9) Place items you will use towards the front of the unit, and items rarely needed towards the back. If room permits, try to organize the items with a path to the back.
10) Do not store collectibles, heirlooms or items of irreplaceable sentimental value, or significant financial value.
11) Make sure boxes with breakable items are clearly marked "FRAGILE" and placed on the top of heavier boxes.
12) Do not over pack boxes.